[xfbb] Password questions
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:17:30 +0100 (CET)
I'm answering to myself infact I found a simple solution that works ok:
1) I removed all /etc/ax25/fbb/passwd.sys entries
2) I wrote con_filt.psw as Read-Only with mycall and flag 0 (no password)
3) I wrote 2 scripts:bbslogin and bbslogout (to enter FBB from console)
4) bbslogin writes the words "password" and "CALL,RIGHTS,PASSWORD"
into passwd.sys then starts xfbbC
5) bbslogout cleans /etc/ax25/fbb/passwd.sys from all entries
On this way nobody can use sysop commands unless they are entered locally with
bbslogin;telnet forward runs correctly.
On 13-Nov-2001 Marco Calistri wrote:
> Hello listmembers,
> I'm getting stuck to find a solution that could grant me both
> access security and easy forwardings.
> Until today I used my XFBB without paying too much attention to CON_FILT.PSW
> and I configured it as "Read-only","MD2","CALL","FLAG=0" also for my own
> 2 0
> IK5BCU 0
> This allows anyone using my call to access my system with sysop privileges,
> and I won't it happens.